1. Home
  2. Minutes
  3. Meeting Minutes 19-03-24

Meeting Minutes 19-03-24

PAVILION PROJECT STEERING GROUP MEETING

HELD ON 19th March 2024 7.00pm at PARK FARM VISITOR CENTRE

Attendees: Edward Stanton (ES), Stuart Dark (SD), Peter Bradshaw (PB), Dave Bocking (DB)

Stuart Allsop (SA) By phone link

WELCOME

ES welcomed everybody to the Park Farm Visitors Centre.

APOLOGIES

Julie Smith, Steve Sharp, Ed Herbert, Jonathan Forder

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 20th FEBRUARY 2024

Minutes were approved.

MATTERS ARISING

ES mentioned that the Cricket Club were proposing to hold a fundraising event before the start of the new season and thanked them for their continued support.

DB mentioned that the PC had requested further updates on our progress.

PB explained that the minutes of previous and future meetings are available on both the MHT and MPF websites (the latter being: snettisham.org.uk). However ES has subsequently met the newly appointed Parish Clerk, Roberta Mason. Roberta has lived in the village for the last five years and is a qualified lawyer.

MATTERS ARISING NOT ON THIS AGENDA

Nothing to report

REPORT ON TOWN HALL EVENT

The event had been a great success with local dignitaries including the Mayor of Kings Lynn, Chairman of Norfolk County Council, the regional MP and Lord and Lady Dannatt.

The atmosphere was set with the local Air Cadets forming a guard of honour for all those attending, which was in the spectacular Kings Lynn Old Town Hall.

ES and SD will be thanking everybody for their support and sponsorship in making it a wonderful evening, and in particular elevating our cause to those in authority.

Special thanks were to be sent to Ali Gee and Kerry Dark for making everything possible with their organisational skills.

The evening was rounded off with a rousing performance from the Nelson Shantymen.  A big thank you goes to Peter Everingham for organising them.

SD confirmed that the Town and Around local paper were publishing an article on the event.

In total £3,100 was raised on the evening.

A montage of photos of the Event is attached. (thanks to Ali Gee for this)

FUNDRAISING

SD reported that together with Jonathan’s support, they were making a number of substantial funding requests.

SD suggested that to assist with promoting our cause a professional presentation booklet should be produced. This booklet would show the Memorial Pavilion’s potential and include all the possible users i.e. the school, all sports, small social activity groups, and more.  Included would be a sustainability document together with expert ‘market research’ to look at the further potential use of the building.

This was agreed by everybody, and SD will advise PB of costing.

SD enquired as to the possibility of securing donation by way of ‘services in kind’. This would include requesting suppliers donating elements of building materials; SA thought this was a possibility.

SD would be speaking to SS to confirm any progress with lobbying local business support and the distribution of the letters to the same.

SD and ES said we should keep in mind the offer of a potential £50,000 interest-free loan from the English Cricket Board.

ES advised that the Hall’s Foundation have had a change of officers within the organisation.

Paul Norris will be relinquishing the role of Chairman after ten years in the post and will be replaced by Mark Howard at the AGM in July

THE WORKS

Further to discussions with SA and SS a programme of potential target dates for the procurement of the build works had been agreed as follows:

SS has planned to start the working drawing for building regulation purposes and will be instructing the Structural Engineer to prepare calculations for that requirement. ES to formally appoint them.

SS will speak and liaise with Ed Herbert to arrange for some enabling work, as necessary, at the Pavilion. Remedial works created by the Asbestos Survey will be sorted by PB

Once we have the working drawing, probably by the mid to end of May, we can then agree a tender list of 3 contractors and go out to tender.

A reasonable period for tenderers is 4-6 weeks. We should then be in a clear position of current costs and the preferred contractor.

Potential start of works would then be subject to funds available. A full programme of the works would at this stage be produced.

FINANCIAL REPORT

PB gave an up-to-date report on the fundraising which stands at £225,617.21

AOB

SD mentioned he was standing down as leader of the Borough Council opposition leader to pursue the leadership of Norfolk County Council. This would give him time to focus more on our project as well as hopefully present the opportunity to further potential funders.

DB suggested that we make sure we have a high profile during the events celebrating the 80th anniversary of D Day on the 6th June this year.

PB confirmed that tea towel with the project logo were now being produced by a lady who is a MHT trustee.

ES mentioned that JF is going to update our website to include the latest fund

raising event.

Meeting closed at 9pm

NEXT MEETING 17th April 2024 7.00pm

at THE VISITOR CENTRE, PARK FARM.

Related News

Menu