1. Home
  2. Minutes
  3. Meeting Minutes 20-02-24

Meeting Minutes 20-02-24

PAVILION PROJECT STEERING GROUP MEETING

HELD ON 20th February 2024 7.00pm at PARK FARM VISITOR CENTRE

Attendees: Edward Stanton (ES), Stuart Allsop (SA), Peter Bradshaw (PB), Tim Clarey (TC),  Julie Smith (JS), Steve Sharp (SS)

WELCOME

ES welcomed everybody to the Park Farm Visitors Centre.

APOLOGIES

Stuart Dark, Dave Bocking, Ed Herbert, Jonathan Forder

MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 22nd November 2023

Minutes were approved.

MATTERS ARISING

As ES had not received an Agenda for the PC meeting and moreover was unable to find one on the PC website, he was unaware of the date and also that he was meant to be present. The minutes of our last meeting on 22nd November were now on both the Memorial Hall Trust website and also, since the MHT meeting, were, as agreed, on our website – snettisham.org.uk. JS mentioned that they were expecting ES to be in attendance. however SD, being present at the PC meeting, was able to give a verbal update.

MATTERS ARISING NOT ON THIS AGENDA

Nothing to report

FUNDRAISING

ES reported that he was awaiting confirmation of number of tickets sold for the Kings Lynn Town Hall event,  things were well in hand and he was expecting a good response. A number of invitees, who were unable to attend, had made donations to the project. It was agreed that the cost to cover the meals of Lord and Lady Dannatt as well as Father Adrian would come from funds raised on the evening. Sponsorship had already been given by the Rose & Crown – £250, and also by Kings Lynn Events who are sponsoring the Champagne reception £1000. Also, today, Peter Everingham is sponsoring the Nelson’s Shantymen for their agreed fee of £150 for the evening.

A full list of sponsors for the event will be recorded in minutes at a later date when available. If desired, their names and logos will be displayed on the banners and menus at the event

JF reported that he had been successful in securing a £3000 grant from Birketts who are the Trustees for The Lady Mary Carter Trust.

He was awaiting responses from further applications.

The meeting with accountant Mike Andrews to discuss VAT matters had been constructive albeit he was waiting for further information on the potential financial turnover of the possible usage of the renovated Pavilion. Mike Andrews acknowledged that he was chairman of West Norfolk Live Trust and expressed a view that that organisation may well be able to support the project. Potentially grants of up to £50,000 will be available. The fund will be launched later this year.

JS together with SS agreed to help lobbying local businesses for financial support.

THE WORKS

SS confirmed they would start preparing working drawings with structural calculations to secure Building Regulation approval.

SA & SS confirmed they were to review and confirm the specification of works presented by SA at the beginning of the project. To be advised

FINANCIAL REPORT

PB gave an up-to-date report on the fundraising which stands at £225,617.21

The invoice for the Asbestos Survey has been received £719. This invoice together with costs for enabling works and repairs to the pavilion, needed as a result of the survey, will be presented to the Borough Council.

The Business Plan showing the likely usages, including potential income and expenditures of the renovated pavilion, was ongoing.

AOB

TC  confirmed the Cricket Club were engaging in fund raising activities to support the project.

NEXT MEETING TUESDAY 19th March 7.00pm

at THE VISITOR CENTRE, PARK FARM.

Related News

Menu